The Complete Guide To Email Marketing For Your Manufacturing Company
Email marketing is one of the most powerful marketing tools at your disposal in 2023, it has a higher ROI than any other marketing channel and is one of the most effective outreach investments you can make for your business. By creating an effective email marketing strategy your manufacturing business can succeed where so many others fail. In this guide you will learn how to create a detailed email marketing campaign that will generate leads and revenue for your company.
“On average, email marketing has the highest overall ROI in comparison to other marketing techniques. It’s a whopping 4,000%. That’s a £40 ROI for every £1 spent on email.”
– Neil Patel, NYT Bestselling Author
Advantages of Email Marketing For Manufacturing Businesses
Most manufacturing companies fail to appreciate the value that email marketing can bring to their business and how effective of a tool it can really be. In the manufacturing sector it is not enough to simply be visible online, manufacturing companies need to directly engage with their audience in order to create conversation and encourage interaction.
Here’s why Email Marketing is exceptionally beneficial for your business:
1. Every Demographic Uses Email: Over 4 billion people have an active email account, from the young professional millennial to the tech phobic boomer, email grants you access to every demographic. Unlike social media, email is used by all ages and its reach is truly global, all you need is an email address and your business can be visible to a global audience.
2. Email Feels More Intimate: The Ability to personalise individual emails and address each person by name allows brands to build better relationships with their audience as opposed to social media and other marketing channels.
3. Increasing Leads and Sales: While by definition Email Marketing is a form of marketing it is an excellent tool to boost your businesses leads and sales. “59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI and marketers who used segmented campaigns reported as much as a 760% increase in revenue.” By including calls to action and links to purchase products in your marketing emails you can drastically increase your sales volume.
Email Marketing Campaign Guide
1. Identify your target audience and segment your email list: It’s important to tailor your messaging to the specific needs and interests of your target audience. By segmenting your email list, you can send more relevant and personalised messages that are likely to resonate with each recipient individually. This is especially important for a manufacturing business.
2. The Subject Line: Don’t let a poorly written subject line ruin your email campaign before it even begins. You’ve taken the time to craft the perfect email full of important information about your product/ services, but the work isn’t over just yet, arguably the most important part of the email is often underestimated and overlooked. For the subject line, keep it short and sweet, ask open-ended questions, utilise numbers and lists and make sure to A/B test to find out what works for you. For a full guide on how to write the perfect subject line click here:
3. Provide Value in Your Content: Writing engaging informative communications takes time and research as you should be looking to provide value to your customers at every possible opportunity, whether it’s educational, informative, or entertaining. Offer insights, tips, and resources that are relevant to your target audience that will help them achieve their goals.
Providing useful, objective information that addresses common issues and pains your customers are likely to experience is a good starting point and once you get comfortable with providing valuable information that fits your company’s brand values, you will start to find it easy to supplement this info with sales messages that will be well received. For a detailed guide on how to create real value for your audience click here:
4. Utilise Promotional Emails: 44% of email recipients make at least one purchase per year based on a promotional email. Most companies’ promotional emails are often ignored as they fail to add value and attract the customers attention. The key is to engage the customer and show them attractive offers and information that get them to act quickly.
Common examples of successful promotional emails include:
- Buy one get one free offers
- Limited time discounts
- Gifts and gift cards
- Added perks and services
5. A Call-to-Action: Believe it or not, customers like to be instructed on what to do. As a result, always include a compelling call to action in your emails.
When creating the perfect Call to Action, consider how well your readers already know your business and what you have to offer. Keep in mind where they are in the sales nurturing process. For example, “learn more” is a less demanding request than “apply immediately.” When your CTA and audience are well-matched, your campaigns will be more successful.
6. Mobile Friendly Emails: In 2023 the emails you send are 61.9% more likely to be viewed on a mobile device instead of a computer. Therefore it is important to prioritise the design and display of your emails on mobile devices and smaller screens. Use images, links and multimedia sparingly as these are slow to load and make your email look busy and cluttered. Use detailed text and get straight to the point.
By following these strategies, your manufacturing company can take advantage of email marketing to its fullest extent, build relationships with potential clients and drive conversions. With targeted, engaging messages and a focus on providing value to the recipient, email marketing can be an effective way to promote your products and services to a range of other businesses.
If you would rather leave this to the professionals then let us cover all this for you. At Inboxx we provide bespoke direct email marketing solutions for businesses, getting you noticed by the people that matter and boosting your revenue. Click here to find out more: Inbox Home