How To Develop An Email Strategy That Drives Revenue Fast
Email marketing is a powerful tool that can help you drive revenue quickly, but developing an effective email strategy can be challenging. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with some tips on how to develop an email strategy that drives revenue fast.
There are currently more than 4.1 billion regular email users worldwide, this number is predicted to rise to 4.6 billion by 2025. The sheer size of this potential market is what has been the driving force for email marketing over the past decade. Capitalising on this huge opportunity is easier said than done.
A Lot of people have claimed that email marketing is dead, however in almost every single metric, email marketing is the cheapest and most effective form of outbound marketing available at a marketers disposable.
“Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches—at scale.”
Why is Email Marketing Important?
1. You Don’t Have To Deal With Shady Social Media Algorithms: Getting your messages out there on social media is a lucky dip. Your content is at the mercy of the algorithms which are changed regularly with your followers seeing less and less of your posts in an attempt to get you to pay for more sponsored posts. With email marketing you have complete control and by improving your email deliverability and domain health everyone on your email list will see your communications in their inbox.
2. Email Marketing Is Incredibly Effective: 79% of businesses stated that email marketing is “Important” or “Very Important” to their business. Effective email marketing campaigns are personal, targeted, well-timed and customer focused.
3. Email Marketing Helps With Customer Retention: Most other marketing channels are focused solely on customer acquisition or conversions. Email marketing is multi functional, aswell as acquisition and conversions it also helps with customer retention. Nurturing your leads via email, engaging with customers and providing value to them can turn your customers into brand advocates.
4. Email Marketing Has The Highest ROI of Any Channel: For every £1 you spend on email marketing you’ll make £44 back. Direct email marketing is the most cost-effective way to generate new revenue with a higher return on investment than any other form of marketing including social media.
Tricks To Develop An Effective Strategy
1. Send Personalised Emails: Without a doubt one of the most effective ways to engage your audience is to send personalised communications. With people receiving more emails than ever before it has become increasingly difficult to stand out in the customers inbox. Sending personalised communications is crucial if you want your business to succeed with its email marketing strategy. Personalization has been proven to increase open rates, click through rates and conversion rates.
2. Use Segmenting Email Lists: Utilising a one size fits all approach to your marketing efforts is setting yourself up for failure before you’ve even begun. Segmenting your email list into different demographics such as: location, age range, gender and buying habits allows you to send more relevant communications to each individual subscriber, further personalising their experience.
3. Optimise Copy, Design and Subject Lines: Creating the perfect email requires various different components. Subject lines, Copy, Design, Layout, Visuals etc can all be altered to convey your brand’s personality and get your message across. Click here for our full guide on how to write the perfect subject line.
*tip* Keep in mind your emails are going to be seen in different inboxes. Almost half of marketers are thinking about dark mode when designing emails.
4. Mobile Friendly Designs: Over 61.9% of people now check their emails on a mobile device, compared to their laptop or desktop. So it is vitally important for your emails to be optimised for mobile devices
If your Emails don’t fit on a mobile screen, the font is too small to read or it takes too long to scroll down, then the reader will simply click off and delete the email. With people’s attention spans at record lows and we are bombarded with thousands of messages and notifications a day, if information isn’t captivating or spoon fed to us then we will simply turn off. Which is exactly what people will do with your emails.
5. Utilise A/B Testing: constantly changing testing and evolving your email marketing is essential to develop an effective marketing strategy. You can A/B test all sections of your email such as subject lines, copy, layout and the design itself. The beauty of email marketing is the sheer amount of data that is created when you start running campaigns. Be sure to collect and analyse the hoards of data when you’re A/B testing and you will be able to slowly improve the effectiveness of your marketing over time.
“The most effective email marketing strategies adapt, grow, and innovate.”
Email marketing remains one of the best ways to create and establish a strong customer relationship and create loyalty. But to make the most of your email channel, you need to develop a robust, data-driven strategy. Using these tactics you will be able to create an email strategy that drives revenue fast.
If you would rather leave it up to the professionals then Inboxx specialises in direct email marketing campaigns for any industry. Our campaigns are designed to get you noticed by the people that matter, boosting your leads.
Contact Inboxx at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0161 543 4461