7 Strategies To Increase Email Engagement Rates
Email marketing reigns supreme as the most effective way for brands to engage with their consumers.
However, the email inbox is a more competitive place now than ever before and millions of emails will go unnoticed and unopened every day. With the average open rate of marketing emails across all industries at 21.33%, the vast majority of your emails will be ignored.
Finding a way to keep people engaged while every other company is trying to do the same can be intimidating. However, it doesn’t have to be, so we took it upon ourselves at Inboxx to put together a guide on how to increase your email engagement rates and make your emails stand out.
1. Write Creative and Enticing Subject Lines: The subject line is arguably the most important part of any email, as this is the first impression the reader will have of your company in their crowded inbox. You could write a perfect email but if the subject line is lacking then no one will ever open and read your email.
The best email subject lines are short, concise and clear. They offer just enough information for the reader to be intrigued and want to find out more. For our full guide on writing the perfect subject line click here: https://in-boxx.com/blog/how-to-write-the-perfect-email-subject-line/
2. Optimise The Preview Text: The preview text is the text that appears next to the Subject line and gives a small preview of what the content of the email is going to be. The preview text is extremely valuable real estate and this paired with the subject line are crucial features of your email that you can optimise in order to drastically increase engagement. Brands using their preview text effectively have reported open rates increasing by up to 30%. Even if users briefly scan the text a well written preview text can prompt them to open the email to find out more.
3. Clean Polished Mobile Friendly Design: Simply put, if the info in your email is difficult to consume readers will close the email before reading any. It simply isn’t worth their hassle. Readers expect high quality, easy to read and easily digestible content.
Keep the design clear, simple and straightforward, be sure the layout is optimised for mobile as more people use their mobile devices to read emails than any other device.
4. Prioritise Call To Actions: The call to action is another important feature to include within your marketing emails. By encouraging the visitor to take action, rather than merely reading and leaving your site, They are simple and effective ways to generate conversions and ultimately boost sales. Experiment with different buttons, placements, frequency, text to find what works best for your company.
5. Fun And Engaging Copy: Write copy that’s informative and concise, no one wants to read long texts full of jargon and complicated wordings and try to make it easy and fun for your readers. Browsing your email inbox is usually a very dull and boring affair that offers little in terms of entertainment, so including some humour or at least some positive language will be greatly appreciated by your readers.
6. Personalisation: According to Everage, 99% of marketers say personalisation helps advance customer relationships.
Therefore, you should avoid using one-size-fits-all solutions for your customers, as in today’s world people are highly individualistic and often ignore communications that are generic in nature.
By using personalised emails and communications, offering relevant information to the specific problems or issues individuals may be facing, customers are more likely to continue business with your brand as they feel more valued and connected. This can be as simple as including the recipient’s name in the email copy.
7. Conduct A/B Testing: You should constantly be A/B testing your emails. Slightly changing and altering different elements of your email such as the subject line, preview text, layout and design will allow you to fine tune your email marketing.
The more you test and compare the more effective your email marketing will be.
One of the best things about email marketing is the fact you can constantly learn from your mistakes and continually improve your strategy using the data you generate.
By implementing these strategies you will see your engagement rate increase dramatically. If you would rather leave it up to the professionals then feel free to contact the Inboxx team at:
Call: 0161 543 4461 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org