5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Email Marketing
Creating a strong email marketing plan is an essential part of a businesses outreach strategy and has the ability to generate a large amount of high quality for cheap. In fact email marketing has the highest ROI of any marketing channel at 4000%. For every £1 spent on email marketing the return on your investment will be £40.
Research by Ascend2 also found that Email marketing is also the most effective online tactic for lead generation. When it comes to lead generation being able to directly reach a large number of potential customers is extremely useful.
1. Email Marketing Has The Largest Reach Of Any Marketing Channel: With over 91% of consumers using email regularly, email presents an incredible opportunity to reach potential customers. Not only can you provide them with discounts, new product info and special offers but email marketing gives you the ability to increase your brands awareness, regular communications mean you stay top of the consumers mind.
Email is the currency of the internet and anybody who’s online has an active email address. While Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media sites suffer through ongoing issues such as data harvesting, data breaches and privacy issues email remains the most popular channel for businesses to communicate with their customers.
2. Email Marketing Drives Conversions: The primary focus of email marketing is to drive conversions, and when it comes to conversions, there isn’t a channel more powerful than email.
In fact, the average click-through rate of an email campaign is around 3% (of total recipients), whereas the average click-through rate from a tweet is around 0.5%.
This means that people are 6x more likely to click through to your website from an email than from twitter.
Additionally 4.24% of website visitors from email marketing go on to make a purchase as compared to just 2.49% for search engines and only 0.59% from social media.
Furthermore, one of email’s biggest advantages is the amount of data generated and the measurability of this data. Most email marketing platforms provide live, real time information such as open rates, click through rates, unsubscribers etc. Be sure to constantly A/B test your emails and track the data, to constantly improve.
3. Email Marketing Has The Highest ROI: As previously mentioned email marketing is by far and away the marketing channel with the highest return on investment at 40,000%. Meaning not only is it extremely powerful and direct, it is also highly cost effective.
The fact that you have the ability to send highly personalised direct communication straight to a person’s inbox in a hyper targeted fashion is one of the main reasons for the continued success of email marketing. Especially when it’s compared to the generic mass messaging of social media.
4. Email Marketing Is The Preferred Communication Channel For Brands and Businesses: Social media at its heart is designed for people to be social, people want to see pictures and updates of their friends and family, people they care about.
Whereas when people log on to check their emails they are expecting to receive information on products, services, deals and discounts. According to research conducted by MarketingSherpa “People want to receive promotional content through email compared to social media.”
Another reason why email is superior to social and a more preferred channel for brands and business, is the sneaky tactics social media companies use in order to manipulate people’s feeds and what they actually see. Social media algorithms are frequently updated in order to reduce the amount of posts that people see from brands, unless those posts are paid for. This means that organic engagement and growth is at an all time low as social media companies try and squeeze more money out of their users.
This problem has gotten so bad that 98% of brand followers report seeing no posts from the brands they follow unless it’s a sponsored post.
5. Email Marketing Delivers Your Businesses Message: If you had to choose between gaining a social media follower for your business or adding a subscriber to the email list, which would you choose?
You should be choosing the extra email follower every time for 2 key reasons:
The average email deliverability rate is 90%, this means that 9/10 emails sent will successfully reach the recipient’s inbox compared to 2% of your social media followers who will see your post again, as previously mentioned in an attempt to get brands to purchase sponsored ads.
Secondly, with the advent of GDPR and other digital privacy regulations, there now exists strict laws about SPAM and sending communications through email which means
if someone has subscribed to your email list they have given you explicit permission to contact them with information, deals and offers. Compare this to paid social media ads, did those companies ask permission to market to you?
Emails are the best way to get your business message across.
If you are struggling to make the most of your email marketing, allow us to unlock your company’s full potential. Inboxx provide direct email marketing services for B2B businesses designed to get you noticed by the people that matter, boost your leads and increase your revenue.